Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NetBeans 6.5 and svn+ssh on a Mac

I've been playing with NetBeans occaisonally. I couldn't stand it a couple of years ago. However, after Sun's Tech Days in Atlanta I decided to give it a try.

Besides, I wanted to verify a clean checkout, build, test cycle.

We use svn over ssh at work. It was a headache to get this running with NetBeans. I didn't completely succeed either.

This post has a nice tutorial from a Rails perspective. I started here. I was able to checkout fine. But when I right clicked -> Subversion -> Update I got an error stating that ssh_askpass couldn't be found.

I did some digging around. This post is a great discussion about Leopard and ssh.

I checked out this tutorial from the NetBeans site. I was pretty annoyed that I hadn't found an answer so I clicked the update button. It worked.

I can't reproduce the error now. Right clicking the project and running an update has worked since I updated from the button.

So in the event that you hit this post while having the same problems, run an update from the button.

No comments: